Condo Security Assessments
by SecurityNet Security Consultants
Written assessments by an expert consultant are one of the most effective tools available to Condominium HOA boards. Such assessments are also useful to condo developers and builders during the project entitlement process.
A professional security assessment provides the HOA Board with a prioritized list of major security risks along with realistic costs for reducing risk. The first step in an assessment is usually an on-site inspection of the property. A full assessment includes the following elements:
- Formal identification of vulnerabilities and exposures that already have led to or can lead to security problems.
- Documented and proven effective solutions, courses of action, and identified costs and vendors.
- Prioritization of recommended solutions taking into consideration various options in a given situation and as well as their need, probable impacts and costs. Such a prioritized list greatly increases the likelihood of effective action by focusing on and justifying the next practical step.
- Confirmation that the HOA has the financial means and that its board of directors has the will to achieve recommended solutions while operating within their CC&R guidelines.
- Confirmation that association management is competent to assist in implementing proposed systems and procedures.
An all-embracing professional assessment with well thought out solutions is often the best tool for an HOA to apply. Besides maximizing security such an assessment must also take into consideration HOA budgetary constraints and the impact of any proposed solutions on community livability.
Click below for information on other aspects of condominium HOA Security:
- Neighborhood watch for condo HOAs
- On-site condo HOA security inspections
- Why use a professional security consultant … or not?
Back from Neighborhood Watch to Condo HOA Security
SecurityNet is very experienced at improving condominium HOA, apartment, and senior citizen community security. We would be happy to answer general questions by directors, owners, or managers at no charge and to discuss options for obtaining expert solutions to specific security challenges. Please feel free to contact us at (415) 392-1810 or by email at